Apps on a Budget
You're loving your new iPad but after a few of months, there seems to be more spending on apps than you planned. It's important to take control, start by setting up a monthly budget.
Week 3 will teach to you how to save money without sacrificing quality.
Deals and Giveaways on Paid Apps:
- The Appy Ladies have a well-organized, awesome list of app giveaways including reviews, descriptions and entry deadlines.
- Smart Apps for Kids has a section of it's web page dedicated solely to giveaways. You can scroll through and read about which apps might be best before deciding to download.
- iMums are frequently posting great giveaways on twitter.
- Fun Educational Apps check out their website and twitter account to find free apps and updates about discount deals and price reductions.
Pro Tip: search "education app giveaway" on Twitter for a list of the most recent giveaways.
Appy Mall's Facebook page is loaded with app giveaways, deals on paid apps, and reviews.
Some of Our Favorite Free Apps
Apps in these categories are typically for K-5th graders
- Toy Story Read-Along uses your child's favorite Pixar characters to tell digital tales and help them learn to read along the way.
- Block Builder 3D lets your child to build towering structures and then knock them over. Great for spatial reasoning and totally fun!
- My Story World has over 50 interactive stories and allows your child to create their own drawing using backgrounds from the stories.
- Magic Piano is a fun app for aspiring musicians that allows kids create original songs and practice their favorite tunes.
Inexpensive, High-Quality Apps
- Kid's Vocab helps build vocabulary while teaching spelling, usage and pronunciation. At $1.99 it's a great deal.
- Puppet Workshop is a fan favorite. It's reasonably priced at $2.99 and is considered by some app reviewers to be one of the most creative apps for kids on the market.
High-quality apps do not need to cost you a great deal of money. Rest assured your child can receive quality apps that don’t break the bank.
Like what you see? Sign up here for more.
- The Making Friends Team